22. Lee Y*, Ahn SI*, Choi JM, Shin EJ, Yom J, Jang YC*, and Kim Y*, Microengineered muscle satellite cell niche on a chip. In preparation.
21. Ahn SI*, Park HJ*, Kim T, Yom J, and Kim Y, High-density lipoprotein-mimetic nanotherapeutics for cardiovascular and neurovascular diseases (2018) Nano Research. Invited Review.
20. Hovell CM, Ahn SI, Yom J, Sei YJ, Weiler C, Taite L, Barabino G, and Kim Y, Endothelial specialization in a microengineered human blood-brain barrier model (2018). In preparation.
19. Toth MJ, Kim T, Sei YJ, Weiler C, Butner Z, Yom J, and Kim Y, Low-cost high-precision sampling in microengineered physiological systems (2018). In preparation.
18. Kim T, Sei YJ, Toth MJ, Jee SE, Jang SS*, and Kim Y*, Simulation and engineering of HDL-mimetic nanostructures functionalized by paraoxonase-1 (2018). In preparation.
17. Ahn SI, Yom J, Sei YJ, Hovell CM, and Kim Y, Microengineered human blood-brain barrier with 3D astrocytic network (2018). In preparation.
16. Sei YJ, Ahn J, Kim T, Shin EJ, Santiago-Lopez AJ, Jang SS, Jeon NL, Jang Y, and Kim Y, Detecting the functional complexities between high-density lipoprotein mimetics. Submitted.
15. Ahn J, Lee S, Ko J, Yu J, Kim Y, and Jeon NL, Microfluidics in Nanoparticle Drug Delivery; From Synthesis to Pre-clinical Screening (2018) Advanced Drug Delivery Review. In press.
14. Lee Y, Ahn SI, and Kim Y, Organs-on-chips (2018) The Encyclopedia of Biomedical Engineering (Elsevier). In press.
13. Toth MJ, Kawahara T, and Kim Y, High-precision microfluidic pressure control through modulation of dual fluidic resistances (2017) International Journal of Dynamics and Control. In press (Link).
12. Ahn J, Sei YJ, Jeon NL*, and Kim Y*, Probing the effect of bioinspired nanomaterials on angiogenic sprouting using a microengineered vascular system (2017) IEEE Transactions of Nanotechnology. In press (Link).
11. Lee Y, Thi PL, Seon GM, Ryu SB, Brophy CM, Kim Y, Park JC, Park KD, Cheung-Flynn J, and Sung HJ, Heparin-Functionalized Polymer Graft Surface Eluting MK2 Inhibitory Peptide to Improve Hemocompatibility and Anti-Neointimal Activity (2017) Journal of Controlled Release 266 (28): 321-330 (Link).
10. Sei YJ, Ahn SI, Virtue T, Kim T, and Kim Y, Detection of frequency-dependent endothelial response to oscillatory shear stress using a microfluidic transcellular monitor (2017) Scientific Reports 7: 10019 (Link).
9. Toth MJ, Kim T, and Kim Y, Robust manufacturing of lipid-polymer nanoparticles through feedback control of parallelized swirling microvortices (2017) Lab on a Chip 17: 2805-2813 (Link).
8. Ahn J, Sei YJ, Jeon NL, and Kim Y, Tumor microenvironment on a chip: the progress and future perspective (2017) Bioengineering 4 (3): 64 (Link). Invited Review.
7. Lee Chung B*, Toth MJ*, Kamaly N, Sei YJ, Becraft J, Mulder W, Fayad Z, Farokhzad OC, Kim Y*, and Langer R*, Nanomedicines for endothelial disorders (2015) Nano Today 10 (6): 759-776 (Link).
6. Santiago-Lopez A, Hovell CM, Lee HJ, and Kim Y, Neuroregeneration: Disease modeling and therapeutic strategies for Alzheimer's and Parkinson's disease (2015) Frontiers in Biomedical Engineering: Convergence Technology 293-325 (Link). Invited Book Chapter.
5. Kim Y* and Langer R*, Microfluidics in nanomedicine (2015) Reviews in Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine 1:127–152 (Link). Invited Book Chapter.
4. Water JJ, Kim Y, Maltesen M, Franzyk H, Foged C, and Nielsen HM, Hyaluronic acid-based nanogels produced by microfluidics-facilitated self-assembly improves the safety profile of the cationic host defense peptide novicidin (2015) Pharmaceutical Research 32 (8): 2727-2735 (link).
3. Sanchez-Gaytan B, Fay F, Lobatto M, Tang J, Ouimet M, Kim Y, van der Staay S, van Rijs S, Priem B, Zhang L, Fisher E, Moore K, Langer R, Fayad Z, Mulder W, HDL-mimetic PLGA nanoparticle for the targeting of atherosclerosis plaque macrophages (2015) Bioconjugate Chemistry 26 (3): 443-451 (link).
2. Hovell CM*, Sei YJ*, and Kim Y, Microengineered vascular systems for drug development (2015) Journal of Laboratory Automation 20: 251-258 (link) in a JALA Special Issue: Microengineered Cell- and Tissue-Based Assays for Drug Screening and Toxicology Applications. Invited Review.
1. Sei YJ*, Justus K*, LeDuc PR*, and Kim Y*, Engineering living systems on chips: from cells to human on chips (2014) Microfluidics and Nanofluidics 16 (5): 907-920 (Link). Invited Review.
Before Dr. Kim created the MBMN Lab at Georgia Tech
With Dr. Bob Langer at MIT
Kim Y*, Lobatto ME*, Kawahara T, Lee Chung B, Mieszawska AJ, Sanchez-Gaytan BL, Fay F, Senders M, Calcagno C, Becraft J, Saung MT, Gordon RE, Ma M, Farokhzad OC, Fayad ZA, Mulder WJM, and Langer R, Probing nanoparticle translocation across the permeable endothelium in experimental atherosclerosis (2014) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 111 (3): 1078-1083 (Link).
Kim Y*, Fay F*, Cormode DP, Sanchez-Gaytan BL, Tang J, Hennessy E, Ma M, Moore KJ, Farokhzad OC, Fisher EA, Mulder WJM, Langer R, and Fayad ZA, Single step reconstitution of multifunctional high-density lipoprotein-derived nanomaterials using microfluidics (2013) ACS Nano 7 (11): 9975-9983 (Link).
Mieszawska A, Kim Y, Gianella A, van Rooy I, Priem B, Labarre MP, Ozcan C, Cormode DP, Petrov A, Langer R, Farokhzad OC, Fayad ZA, and Mulder WJM, Synthesis of polymer-lipid nanoparticles for image-guided delivery of dual modality therapy (2013) Bioconjugate Chemistry 24 (9): 1429-1434 (Link).
Kim Y, Lee Chung B, Ma M, Mulder WJM, Fayad ZA, Farokhzad OC, and Langer R, Mass production and size control of lipid-polymer hybrid nanoparticles through controlled microvortices (2012) Nano Letters 12 (7): 3587–3591 (Link).
With Dr. Phil LeDuc at Carnegie Mellon
Hazar M, Kim Y, Song J, Davidson LA, LeDuc PR, and Messner WC, 3D bio-etching of a complex composite-like embryonic tissue (2015) Lab on a Chip 15: 3293-3299 (link).
Song J, Shawky J, Kim Y, Hazar M, LeDuc PR, Sitti M, and Davidson LA, Controlled surface topography regulates collective 3D migration by epithelial-mesenchymal composite embryonic tissues (2015) Biomaterials 58: 1-9 (link).
Kim Y, Hazar M, Vijayraghavan D, Song J, Jackson TR, Joshi SD, Messner WC, Davidson LA, and LeDuc PR, Mechanochemical actuators of embryonic epithelial contractility (2014) Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (PNAS) 111 (40): 14366-14371 (Link).
Cheng CM, Yang CY, Kim Y, and LeDuc PR, Probing the dynamic responses of individual actin filaments under fluidic mechanical stimulation via microfluidics (2013) Applied Physics Letters 102, 193704 (Link).
Kim Y, LeDuc PR, and Messner WC, Modeling and control of a nonlinear mechanism for high performance microfluidic systems (2013) IEEE Transactions on Control Systems Technology 21 (1): 203-211 (Link).
Kim Y, Messner WC and LeDuc PR, Disruptive microfluidics: from life sciences to world health to energy (2012) Disruptive Science and Technology 1(1): 41-53 (Link). Invited Review.
Kim Y, Joshi SD, Davidson LA, LeDuc PR, and Messner WC, Dynamic control of 3D chemical profiles with a single 2D microfluidic platform (2011) Lab on a Chip 11(13): 2182-2188 (Link).
Wilson ME, Kota N, Kim Y, Stolz DB, Wang Y, LeDuc PR, and Ozdoganlar OB, Fabrication of circular microfluidic channels by combining mechanical micromilling and soft lithography (2011) Lab on a Chip 11(8): 1550-1555 (Link).
Kang J, Steward R, Kim Y, Schewartz R, LeDuc PR, and Puskar K, Response of an actin filament network model under cyclic stretching through a coarse grained Monte Carlo approach (2011) Journal of Theoretical Biology 274(1): 109-119 (Link).
Kim Y*, Joshi SD*, Messner WC, LeDuc PR, and Davidson LA, Detection of dynamic spatiotemporal response to periodic chemical stimulation in a Xenopus embryonic tissue (2011) PLoS ONE 6(1): e14624 (Link).
Kim Y, Pekkan K, Messner WC, and LeDuc PR, Three-dimensional chemical profile manipulation using two-dimensional autonomous microfluidic control (2010) Journal of the American Chemical Society 132(4): 1339-1347 (Link).
Kim Y, Kuczenski B, LeDuc PR, and Messner WC, Modulation of fluidic resistance and capacitance for long-term high-speed feedback control of a microfluidic interface (2009) Lab on a Chip 9(17): 2603-2609 (Link).
Cheng CM, Kim Y, Yang JM, Leuba SH, and LeDuc PR, Dynamics of individual polymers using microfluidic based microcurvilinear flow (2009) Lab on a Chip 9(16): 2339-2347 (Link).